Munduk

A nice stop. But not entirely what I was looking for. I thought it was going to be full of amazing rice fields, and starw and wooden bungalows in the middle of small villages...none of that. Munduk was just a small town set on one main road with just a few attractions. One was a nice trek to three waterfalls, and a motorcycle trip to the rice fields just to get to see the giant tree from afar.
Just that...
While trekking I thought I might prove my powers of self orientation and told the guys to walk down the wrong path, partly due to the fact that the other cross road took us uphill, on a steep little path, and my lazy senses started interfering.
Something I learned here: never ask balinese people for directions. They will cheekily point you to the wrong direction just to have a laugh about it. None of us did laugh though when we found we had to hike up, not only the long walk we had hiked down, but also the steep little path (which had always been the correct lane). Everyone blamed me. There goes my reputation as a GPS.
Either than that, which was fun all in all, all the rest of our attempts for the rice fields and the Giant Tree ( a giant tree you could see from everywhere and aparently was...giant) were a bit dissapointing because we never ever got there! We rented three motorbikes, and got lost during sunset.
The second day was spent on the lakes ( 1 hour drive) and the botanical gardens. For me, and this is just my humble opinion, not very impressive. The scenery was fine, but if I came back to Bali, I would skip it all.
On the third we left. Ah, almost forgot, our room did have an amazing view and sunset was quite impressive (although the best view for sunset was from a hotel on the other side of the road a few meters down).
HOTEL: Puri Alam Bali (10 USD each).
RESTAURANTS: I wish I'd remember the names...
NOTE: By that point our little threesome was stepping on wobbly disagreements caused by lots of heated up ver different points of view and we all agreed that we would separate the next day. Lucio was going to head to his diving adventure islands and we were going to go to have some girly fun on our own.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario