Experiencing Jordan, the previous night to the Indiano Jones experience. Jerash and Amman

Booked a tour in Abraham Hostel to do a 3 day tour in Jordan. The price value was good considering Petra is quite expensive and the tour included bus rides, hotels/camping, food, and tickets to the sites. I think I must have paid £320. Can't fully remember now.

We were a group of twenty. And even though we were all from different age groups, between 40 to 19 years old, the group integrated quite well, except for a few odd ones. I quickly mashed with a Canadian girl called Isabella who was also travelling alone, which was quite lucky given that on the first night, after visiting the ruins of Jerash and Amman we ended up sleeping on a Beduin campsite - Seven Wonders camp - and both Isabella and myself had unfortunate incidents.


The Beduin and me and the infamous tea

Bella - that's how she called herself - became scared of a wild beduin who seemed to be following us around the campsite. And yes, he was quite scary and he was staring at us all the time and rambling around our tent in the middle of the night. She begged for me to go sleep - she wanted to get out of sight-, as she wouldn't be on her own in the tent and we could lock ourselves up. I was reluctant to stay too long singing and dancing beduin chants, given that the next day we would have to go to Petra at 7 am, so I didn't mind having an early night. However the combined effect of the Beduin tea I had been given and the blistering sun of the afternoon - and not to be forgotten - the Kunefe I had, cause I still think about it and my stomach goes wild, produced what I like to calle an hecatombe of my poor body. I experienced one of the worst nights of my life. Fortunately, and this really was very fortunate, there was a bin in the room, all nice and shiny with it's black plastic bag, which I appropriate during the night as I woke up almost 7 times to deliver the contents of my stomach in it.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario